I was participating in a tweet chat that I have recently found and love called #blogtrends. During the online conversation the question of self growth came up and it made me think of this:
It got me to thinking. What does my expansion look like. How do I know that I am actually expanding and furthering my dreams and goals? How do I know if the pain of “expansion” is actually just the pain of being confined in my box. I tried to create a way to measure expansion in my life, a way to know if a step forward is actually a step forward. So, I think one way to do this is to pick 5 specific areas of importance to my life.
1. Family relationships
4.Learning a language
5.Health through eating and exercise
And plotting them. Giving them each a rank about where I think I am and where I want to be. What is the scale for these areas?
1. 5/9 (out of 10)
Create a list of actions that will have me move forward in these areas.
1. Communicate with a relative once a week.
2. Plan 2 networking meetings a week. 20 emails a week. 5 calls a week.
3. Fiscally plan what my business needs to expand.
4. Schedule Spanish in a month (it’s an app) daily.
5. Sleep in exercise clothes (It’s what I gotta do so I don’t even have to think about it in the morning)
And taking a monthly check to see if I have moved up or down.
I am not sure this is going to work, I’ve never done it before. But I figure I can give it a go and adjust. How would you do it? What would you focus on?